Healing starts with meditation
Meditation , what kind of image does come to your mind when someone uses this word ? Sitting in complete silence , tormenting yourself to not think ? Perhaps , chanting some words and expecting a light to take over your brain , enlighten you with the supreme knowledge . What if I tell you, everything you’ve been told about meditation is fabricated and doesn’t have anything to do with reality ? Guided meditation is your way out amidst all the chaos surrounding the word “meditation”
Meditation is resting of mind , nothing else :
Meditation has nothing to do with sitting in a forced posture and putting your last brain cell to not think . All that meditation is resting of your mind which is an ecstatic feeling of letting go . Infact , letting go of the feeling of letting go itself . However , abundance of mediocre content has ruined meditation for all of you and that’s why you need guidance . You need someone to guide you through the stress , through life and through this pandemonium . Hereby , guided meditation comes in play as with proper structure and a way of doing it will land you into tranquility and everlasting peace.
But why Guided Meditation?
What option do you’ve if not guided meditation ? If there’s no one to guide you ? Will you revert back to your old ways of sitting in a dark room forcing yourself to do something that you’ve hated, I think you surely have enough stress in your life to deal with, and stressing about how to do meditation the right way should be your last one . You have plenty amount of resources on YouTube to start your journey with guided meditation. But since you’re reading this article, I will give you a roadmap to start with.
Meditation made easy for you :
Here’s a step by step instruction manual for you to start with the actual way of the zen –
- Posture – I can’t emphasize on this enough. You don’t have to make Burj Khalifa of your Lower back and make some uncomfortable tangles with your leg. All you have to do is find a posture that works for you ( keep in mind that you don’t lay down and sleep ). Do not sleep
2. Mindset – No , you don’t have to block the thoughts making an appearance in your mind. Apparently you have to embrace them and let them go. As you close your eyes, just take a third person view and become a spectator of the ideas revolving in your mind. It’s completely fine to feel this chaos in the very beginning. However, instead of denying and blocking these thoughts away, this time, you are giving them acceptance and letting them hang around.
3. Let Go – As you start with breathing and embracing your thoughts, try to let them go. Don’t force them out, just let everything loose away. Let go of everything. Let go of the thought that you’re meditating. You’d acknowledge the peace you’ve with yourself while you’re letting everything just slip away, the time, the space, everything just fading away. All you’re left with is a blissful state of mind.
Wrapping everything up :
Does it sound so complicated ? All you’ve to do is :
– Sit in a comfortable posture
– Embracing whatever comes to your mind
– Letting it all go
So now you’ve something to start with, let us now talk about why you should make this a habit of yours and spare out a few minutes from your Netflix & Chill schedule .
Guided meditation relieves your stress :
Life is personification of stress. I say it because I know you stress about academics , relationships, about why Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott broke up etc. With all this stress you’re deteriorating your mental health and guided meditation is your only way to overcome this stress. Because whether you’re a student or a productive adult, meditation doesn’t discriminate and provide everyone peace they’ve been seeking their whole life .
Psychological wounds are best healed when you meditate :
Drug addictions , at heart , come because of physiological cravings that relieves you from your pain . Pain caused by people , pain caused by the unfair treatment . This pain , this suffering could only be healed when you’re in a state of contemplation . A state where everything is stoic . Meditation is your only teacher to stoicism and to connect you with your higher self . But this beautiful journey of healing starts , when you’re actually willing to improve your life and you believe in the process of healing through meditation . We can attach a lot of testimonials here of people who’ve healed their long unsolved problems through guided meditation , through meditation when done in a right way
Your key to happiness is Meditation :
Happiness , when seen scientifically is just release of chemicals in one’s body , i.e , dopamine , serotonin , endorphin , oxytocin . So is sadness , release of chemicals such as cortosil etc . Meditation helps you regulate your chemical levels . These chemicals when regulated , help you develop a new outlook on life . You can clearly see a difference in your mood after one successful session of meditation . All of a sudden heart feels light , as if a bag of stone is moved . How amazing would it be if you get that feeling daily ? All you’ve to do is make meditation your daily habit . As daily as your morning coffee .